Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Stash Report Week 12

I went to the Mountain Quilt Fest this past week, but I only bought a ruler, so no fabric in! Yay! I also didn’t really use any fabric, so none out either. My numbers stay the same…

Stash Report Week 12 of 2015:

Used in 2015:            9.50 yards

Added in 2015:          2.25 yards

Total net used 2015: 7.25 yards

Red means I added more than I used
Black means I used more than I added
Goal: Use more than I add

I was able to finish the quilting on a charity quilt. The top is made with 2-1/2 inch strips sewn together, so I quilted snowflakes down each strip…



And here is the back…



I just love flannel snowmen! I hope to get the binding on this soon, then it will keep someone nice and toasty at Ronald McDonald House.

The only other sewing I did this past week was to make a name tag for a tote bag I bought. There wasn’t much to it, but I wanted a name tag on it, so I used some black and white cat fabric for the back and around the name “plate” on the front. I just used a Tee Juice pen to write my name on the “plate”. I don’t have a photo of the tag, but this is the cat fabric I used…



This is fabric I have set aside for the backing of my Kitties in the Middle quilt (whenever I get back to it!), but I had plenty of fabric to use up a small corner piece. I think the tag is about 2x4 inches.

Most of my spare time this week was spent working on embroidery projects. I finished my Redwork block for a guild swap block…



And I finished the 3rd block on the Vintage Kitchen BOM…



Finally, I traced out the third block for HocusPocusVille…



I have been able to work on this one since the photo was taken. I want to finish this by the 31st, then I’ll still be on track for finishing one of these blocks per month this year.

And that’s all I’ve done sewing/crafting wise. I did paint our bathroom early in the week, and I’m pleased to say that we now have a fully functional master bath with all the trimmings! OK, we still need new towels and a bath mat, but that will come later. I’m just happy that project is done. Now on to finishing the walkway in the front yard, now that the snow has cleared J

Oh, and I mentioned that we went to the Mountain Quilt Fest this week. I’m almost ashamed to say we didn’t take any photographs. I was kind of on a mission looking for a long arm ruler and patterns. I found the ruler but couldn’t decide on the patterns. As always, there were many beautiful quilts, but there were really only a few that made us say Wow! That’s not to say they weren’t all wonderful…they were. But I think we were looking for something different. Maybe because it seemed most of the quilts were traditional…there were few “modern” or “art” quilts. I don’t know. I love traditional quilts, and I mostly make traditional quilts…maybe I was just looking for inspiration from other styles and didn’t see what I “wanted” to see. It was a great show with lots of vendors and the quilts were great…I just wasn’t in the mood to take photos.

I will be linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times for the Stash Report. Head over to see what everyone has been up to this week.




2 comments:

  1. At least you didn't have any fabric coming in, and that is a good thing. Wish I could say the same.

    I love your redwork. What pen do you use to draw the pattern? From here it looks like very fine lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good numbers for the year. Your redwork looks pretty and that is time consuming, so I understand how you didn't get much sewing done. Sometime I have to force myself to stop knitting and do some sewing so my numbers will change a bit. lol What Long arm ruler were you looking for? Just curious since I long arm too and love new gadgets.

    ReplyDelete