Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2015

RSC – Last of the Yellow

I finally got some work done on Thursday on some of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects. I didn’t get to any of the yellow house blocks, or any alternate blocks for the Sampler quilt. I did get a few things done though.

First, I got my yellow postage stamp block completed…



I still need to finish up the blue 100 square postage stamp block for January. That will go back on my “To Do” list for April.

I also got a paper pieced cat block completed…



Finally, I completed one paper pieced tree for the Rainbow Forest…



The tree looks a but green-ish in the photo, but in real life it is a pale yellow/gold. I have one more tree I would like to make for March, and I have a great bright yellow batik ready to go for the second tree. I’ll have a little time this morning to try to get it done. I will also try to complete at least one alternate star block as well. Then I’ll be ready for the color for April, which appears to be purple.

I will be linking up at So Scrappy for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful fussy cutting on the cat block: using the print to make his tail. I like the idea of a rainbow forest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three are wonderful! (and a rainbow forest has been on my list for a while now -- good for you for actually stitching one)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great blocks! postage stamp block has really nice mix of yellows - love the scrappy look

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh love the PP cat--so cute--hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cat is so cute. I love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rainbow forest. I love the sound of that! Cat is darling too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a delightful tabby cat block.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my. everything looks good, love all the fabrics in your postage stamp block and the cat block is magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that cat. It looks fabulous, almost real, with the fabric you used. Looking forward to rainbow forest. Your trees are always so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh the postage stamp block, great! I made a large quilt in watercolor style with 2 inch squares, and was it heavy! All those seams. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cat is wonderful. Great choice of fabric. What size are your squares for the postage stamp? They look tiny in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great bunch of RSC projects! It will be fun watching everything bloom in color as the year goes on!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely yellow blocks. Your cat block is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That postage stamp block is amazing.. wow. But I am partial to the kitty block.. especially since it looks like my Lucy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Is your postage stamp block 10" finished? Pretty impressive! Meanwhile, I LOVE your cat block!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful blocks! How small are your postage stamp squares?

    ReplyDelete