Pages

Monday, March 30, 2015

Design Wall for March 30, 2015



My Design Wall holds all the individual blocks I completed in March. In the top left corner are two blocks for the Times & Seasons quilt I’ve been working on; the bottom left is a guild swap block for April (I’m going to try to get another one done); the bottom are two Redwork embroidery blocks – the large one is also a guild swap block; and all of the yellow blocks are for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I’m ready to wipe it clean and start on April.

As for this week, I have a few goals in mind…

Finish HocusPocusVille Block #3 I will probably work on this today and tomorrow and hopefully I’ll be finished. Then I can start Block #4 in April.

Make a Guild Swap Block I already have one swap block done (the one on the Design Wall) but I’m not completely happy with it. I’ve reprinted the paper piecing templates and I’m going to give it another try. If it’s OK, I’ll enter it in the swap drawing. I may even enter both…You get as many tries to have your name drawn as the number of blocks you enter in the swap.

Work on RMH Quilts We had our guild Ronald McDonald House Quilts get together yesterday afternoon and got some more quilt tops basted into quilt sandwiches. At our April get together we’ll quilt those babies! But, I still have about seven un-basted tops/backings. I would like to get maybe three of them quilted and the binding ready for them by our guild meeting next week. I will put them on the longarm, then I can get some more practice and they’ll go quickly. I also still have the binding to hand-stitch down on a RMH quilt I quilted earlier this month.

Rainbow Scrap Challenge Projects Finally, I would like to get some of the projects done for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for April. The color for April is purple, and it’s such a soothing color when I lay my purple fabrics out to see what I have to work with. I will work on getting the paper pieced projects done this week, along with maybe the postage stamp block.

That’s it. A challenging list, but I don’t have any out-of-the-house commitments this week (so far), so maybe I can work on all of them. I will be linking up at Patchwork Times. Head over to see all the great projects.


1 comment:

  1. Your design wall looks so sunny -- a nice reminder that spring better come one of these days. The Time and Seasons blocks look so nice. I may have to look that pattern up!

    ReplyDelete