Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Can I Blame it on My Husband?

First off, I added to my stash. But that wasn’t my intention. I bought 7.5 yards of this fabric…



I got it to make a shower curtain and window treatment for our “new” bathroom. It really would be perfect. Minimum, I needed 4 yards for the shower curtain and 2 yards for the window. Then I needed a bit extra for hems, etc. Also, it was the end of bolt, so I just took the last yard anyway. I knew I could use any extra for quilting. But when I showed it to my husband he was pretty underwhelmed. I think we decided we’ll just get blinds for the window and figure out a decorative shower curtain later. Oh well. It will make a great backing fabric and I’m sure it will be well used…one day.

All is not lost though…I did have a finish this week and can count out 1.25 yards for a table topper. I also finished up my Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks this week, so that’s an additional .5 yard out. So, I’m still on the plus side with more fabric going out this year than coming in.

Stash Report Week 13 of 2015:

Used in 2015:            11.25 yards

Added in 2015:          9.75 yards

Total net used 2015: 1.50 yards

Red means I added more than I used
Black means I used more than I added
Goal: Use more than I add

As I said, I did have a finish, and here it is…



This is a table topper for the spring for my dining room table. It is just fusible appliques and I quilted all over with swirls.

I also completed a few projects for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. This is the end of yellow in March. I’m ready for purple in April.

I also machine stitched on the binding on two Ronald McDonald House quilts. I have hand stitched down one of those bindings, and have one more to go. I’ll try to get it finished before taking it to the guild meeting in April.

I was also able to get some work done on the third block of HocusPocusVille.



I’m trying to get this done by Tuesday so I can keep up with completing one block per month.

That’s about it for this week. This afternoon I will be at a get together to baste more quilts for Ronald McDonald House. It will be a nice end to this week.


I will be linking up with the Stash Report at Patchwork Times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment