Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Bright Sunshiny Yellow

I needed yellow for the color for March. It has been so gloomy outside that I need some bright color.

I was able to get fabric cut for the Sampler block and the yellow postage stamp block. Here is the completed Sampler block…



I will get the postage stamp put together in the next week or so. I also selected fabric for the rainbow trees and cats. I didn’t think I had any yellow batiks for the trees, but I dug deep enough in my stash and found a super bright yellow and a more muted yellow print. I think they will work out great.

Finally, I was able to get 75 more squares cut to expand my postage stamp block from January (blue) from 25 pieces to the 100 pieces I’ve decided to make. I’ll hopefully put those together next week when I work on the yellow postage stamp. I also pieced the squares for the February (pink) alternate block for the Sampler Quilt…



Still lovin’ those bright pinks.


That’s about it for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for this week. I will be linking up at SoScrappy. Head over to see the great projects for March. 

15 comments:

  1. Love your sampler block! So pretty. Sounds like you are well on your way for your yellow rainbow projects. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some gorgeous yellows in that sampler block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunny yellows and bright pinks go a long way to making these late winter days a lot less gloomly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like your sewing room must be very cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have some great plans to use up those scraps. Love the yellow sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pink and yellow make a great combination for enticing spring to come early.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the sampler block as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree we need some bright colors and I don't mean white snow. Lovely yellow star block.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the way the print in your sampler block helps to break up the yellowy goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good job on your yellow sampler block. Those bright pinks are pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice start to your yellow month!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your bright and cheerful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great fabrics, great block, great start.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your blocks. Great scraps!

    ReplyDelete