Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2015

A Look Back at February…

February was a short month, but I did get some things accomplished – probably because of all the snow and ice we’ve had in February and I was stuck in the house for most of the time.

As far as finishes go, I was able to complete most of my projects for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for February. The color was pink, and here are all the projects I completed…



The only thing I didn’t work on for RSC was the pink hexie flowers. Maybe I’ll make some in March.

I also completed my goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes. I was able to make the star block and star triangle block. I wrote about it earlier this week, but here is a photo of what I made…



I also completed the top of my flannel quilt for the trailer…



I have made borders for this, and hope to get those stitched on this coming week.

I also was able to spend some time with my long arm. I quilted two quilts for Ronald McDonald House, and I will probably get more done in March.

As far as my hand stitching goes, I spent quite a bit of time doing hand work in February. Today I will be working on my Redwork block…



…but this past month I stitched down a binding on one of the RMH quilts; I’ve done some hand quilting on my Grandmother’s 9-Patch quilt (until this happened); I finished the BOM for February for the Vintage Kitchen at Jenny of Elefantz; and I finished the second block of HocusPocusVille.



Other little things I did were to start crocheting a scarf and I stitched the buttons on my Beehive wall hanging. Here is one of the bee buttons…



They are so cute!

As far as my stash goes, I didn’t pick up any fabric this week. The weather outside has been frightful and the quilt store I was supposed to go to has been closed most of the week. I did use up nearly 2/3 of a yard of fabric for my Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects for February, but I will round it down to .5 yard out (I’ll round up next month J). So, I’m still on the right side…

Stash Report Week 9 of 2015:

Used in 2015:            6.5 yards

Added in 2015:          2 yards

Total net used 2015: 4.5 yards

Red means I added more than I used
Black means I used more than I added
Goal: Use more than I add

I will be linking up with the Stash Report at Patchwork Times, Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy’s Quilts, and the Small Blog Meet at Lily’s Quilts.





7 comments:

  1. I enjoy watching your progress each week! Cute bees. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lot of nice projects going. It is fun to see them! Great stash busting numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you got quite a lot done in February.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that star block.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a productive month! Love the bees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd say you did a good job of catching up on many of your projects. Your little bee button is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been stitching up a storm! Love the details in the hocus pocus block!

    ReplyDelete