No fabric came in again this week, but I used .25 of a yard making my star blocks for the Times and Seasons quilt top.
With that, my goal for February for A Lovely Year of Finishes is met. Yay!
Stash Report Week 7 of 2015:
Used in 2015: 6 yards
Added in 2015: 2 yards
Total net used 2015: 4 yards
Red means I added more than I used
Black means I used more than I added
Goal: Use more than I add
I did a little bit of work this week on the Rainbow Scrap Challenge; I pieced my pink cat block and got fabric together for a few more pink blocks. I will count all of the RSC blocks out of my stash at the end of February.
This week I also started a crochet project and have been working on it off and on (mostly off!) all week. I’m making a lacey scarf from Judy’s Boiled Crawfish from The Loopy Ewe. I love the color Judy! Here are the two skeins rolled into balls…
And here is the progress on my scarf…
I also did a little bit this week on HocusPocusVille…
Still on Block 2! I hope to get some work done on this tonight. We’ve been working on fixing up the bathroom all weekend, so I didn’t really spend much time doing “my own thing”.
I also sewed on the buttons for my Beehive wall hanging. Yay! Now it can go on the wall…whenever I take the stepstool in the sewing room! The bee buttons are so cute…
I also got the remaining flannel blocks pieced into a top. I took my leftover strips from the blocks and made four borders, so I hope to get those put on soon. I have to wait to quilt this top until we add the extra 5 feet of quilting frame (I only have 5 feet up, and this quilt is wider than that). But we won’t be working on the frame until the bathroom is done. Hopefully by the beginning on March I can get the flannel quilt done and quilted, then ready for camping in May.
Finally, earlier this month I became the co-chair of the Ronald McDonald House quilts for our quilt guild. So, I brought home 7 quilt tops and partial quilt tops (mainly to store them). I did put two on the long arm and got them quilted and trimmed. I also had enough backing from one to make the binding, so I pieced that and machine stitched it on the front. It’s just ready for someone to take home and hand stitch it down. I also put the borders on a couple of the other quilts. I may try to get one more quilted and the binding put on this coming week. Next Sunday we will meet to baste quilts…I believe my co-chair has a slew of finished tops at her house because she said the next two times we meet for RMH will be spent basting. I haven’t yet been to a RMH get-together, so I’m not sure how many people generally show up. But hopefully if there are about 10 or 12 then plenty of quilts will get done. I will probably bring some home to machine quilt them as well.
I will be linking up with the Stash Report at Patchwork Times. Head over to see the great projects everyone is working on.