Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2015

The Week in Review…

I was sick in the middle of the week, so I didn’t really get a lot done in the sewing room. However, before I got sick, I did complete the last 17 blocks of the flannel quilt, so I’m counting 1.25 yards of fabric used. None came in.

Stash Report Week 6 of 2015:

Used in 2015:            5.75 yards

Added in 2015:          2 yards

Total net used 2015: 3.75 yards

Red means I added more than I used
Black means I used more than I added
Goal: Use more than I add

I’ve changed things up a bit with how I’m counting my stash out. You can read more about it in this post. It’s giving ME a more accurate account of how I am using up the fabric in my sewing room. I will be linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times for this week’s Stash Reports.

For Slow Sunday Stitching, I was also able to do a bit of work on Block 2 of HocusPocusVille…



Not much more done than last week, but I only spent a little time on it. Hopefully I can get it finished soon and move on to Block 3. I will be linking up at Kathy’s Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.

I also received these cute bee buttons in the mail and will put them on my Beehive wall hanging I completed in January.



Friday, I was finally feeling better and was able to complete the first February sampler block for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.



You can read more about that process here, and unfortunately that was all I was able to complete for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I’m hoping for a better week upcoming!

I hope you had a great week, and I’m looking forward to the week ahead!




9 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you are feeling well enough to do some sewing! Those bee buttons are perfect for your wall hanging. The embroidery is coming along nicely as well. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a better week ahead. Block #2 is coming along really well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your RSC Sampler block turned out beautifully. Have fun with you slow stitching. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Cute and Cute! I wish I had time to do some handwork but that will have to wait for the day I do. The Bee Buttons are just too cute and I love the pink in your block. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you feel better this week. The Sampler block turned out great. Enjoy your slow stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sampler block, really pretty. Hope you feel better this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are feeling better. The buttons and the rainbow scrap block are so cute.
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Sawtooth Sampler block. I love Hocus Pocusville. I have that pattern somewhere:-((

    ReplyDelete