Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Sit and Stitch

This has been a great week to sit around the house stitching.



We’ve had ice, snow, and below freezing temperatures all week. I know, most everyone else has, too. We’re not used to it here in the southeast, so we tend to complain more J

Needless to say, I have been able to get some stitching done here this week.

I finished up the second block from the Vintage Kitchen BOM at Jenny of Elefantz.



I love this little apron. I ventured a little bit away from the pattern in that there were cross stitches across the waistband and along the hem of the apron. I chose to just do some “top stitching”. So, I’m done with this BOM for February, and here is where we are so far in 2015 with the Vintage Kitchen BOM…



I haven’t made much progress on HocusPocusVille. I’m still on Block 2…



I really hope to get this done in the next week, and move on to Block 3. Hopefully I can at least keep up with completing one block per month.

I also have some other projects to work on in the upcoming week.  I’m hand stitching the binding down on a quilt for our guild for Ronald McDonald House…



Isn’t that cute backing? It is flannel, so it will be nice and snuggly.

I also have my grandmother’s 9-Patch hooped up and ready to quilt…



I’m doing a fan pattern and have started it, but that’s about it. I’ve written about this quilt in the past, but the short story is that after my grandmother passed away (a long time ago) my mom brought back  some quilts and quilt blocks that my grandmother made and gave them to me. These blocks were part of that gift. I finally got them put together last year and now I need to quilt it. I was going to hand quilt it on my frame, then decided to just baste it on the frame and quilt it in a hoop.

The last thing I have to work on is this little Redwork Christmas block…



For our November guild swap we are making Christmas Redwork blocks, so I’m starting early. I wanted to do one that wasn’t so “Christmas-y”, and I think this one will fit the bill.

I will be linking up over at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.


5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness it is hand stitching heaven at your house! I couldn't decide which project to work on first! Love that kitchen stitchery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little Redwork Christmas block is going to be adorable! I read somewhere that Meg of Crabapple Hill is considering making her designs into iron-on transfers--wouldn't that be awesome?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great projects to choose from! Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many pretty projects. It is wonderful to have inherited quilt blocks from your grandmother. I love all the embroidery that you are working on. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are happily in stitches at your house!

    ReplyDelete