Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2015

RSC – Valentine’s Edition

Happy Valentine’s Day all! We don’t usually do much of anything for Valentine’s Day, and this year will probably not be any different. We might go out for lunch, but it’s doubtful. We pulled out the shower in our master bath Thursday night and are in the middle of getting it prepared to tile, so I think that is what will be on the agenda for the entire weekend. However, I did splurge and made sure we do have chocolate covered strawberries just for kicks and grins.

I got a bit accomplished in the sewing room this week, but not the RSC goals I had hoped. My goals were to complete a paper pieced cat and some pink house blocks from the RSC 2014. I did get the cat done…



But I only got so far as to pull fabrics for the little pink houses. So that will move to my goals for the upcoming week. I was also able to pull fabrics for the RSC February Sampler Block #2, but have not yet put it together. That will also go on my goals list for next week.  Finally, I pulled one hundred 1-1/2 inch pink squares from my stash (I did have to cut a few of them) and got them all laid out for sewing…



I’ll try to put them together next week as well. They are stacked up and ready for chain piecing when I get the chance. I only put 25 blue squares together for the January postage stamp, so I’m going to have to go back and get out some more blue 1-1/2 inch squares and put them together to make the 25 square block into a 100 square block. Once I have those put together this year, I can probably get them into a lap quilt for Ronald McDonald House.


That’s about all I’ve done with pinks this month. I will be linking up with Angela at SoScrappy for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Head over to see the great pink projects for February. 

15 comments:

  1. Good luck with the home renovations. It's a wonder you had time for sewing with all that going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very brave to put those carefully placed postage stamps so close to a cat...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't able to get much done either. We are babysitting 4 little boys for the week, all are sick so the quilting has been put aside for a bit. That cat block is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A new shower? How exciting! Your pinks are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love.love.love. the little cat! so cute! your postage stamp blocks are great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes life just gets in the way. Love your kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little cat is very sweet. I'm in awe of your 100s of 1.5" squares. LOL. My minimum is 2", and they seem to breed like rabbits. No sooner than I use one or two, but about 55 new ones turn up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your little cat block! It's so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pink squares look pretty just the way they are :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute cat and I love anything with postage stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you are all set to make lots of progress this next week. Hope you got lots done on the bathroom remodel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How ambitious! Hope you get a lot done this coming week. :- )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like lots of great pink progress to me. So many pretty pinks getting put to great use.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some weeks are like that . . . happy pink stitching whenever you get a chance to work on it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful pink prints. I hope you will post a picture of the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete