Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Rainbow Scrap Challenge – February Round-Up

Pink was a good color choice for me for February’s Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I actually have quite a bit of pink fabric, even though it’s not one I use much. But it was good to get a chance to clear some off my shelves, even if only a little bit.

This past week, I was able to get my pink trees done for the Rainbow Forest…


They look a little purple, but my batik scraps are limited, so this is at least close to pink.

I was also able to put together a pink house from the RSC 2014…



I obviously wasn’t thinking when I put this together and I didn’t turn the square so the cats in the cat fabric were sitting in windows, as I had originally planned. So, let’s just say they’re lying down in the windows. I also was able to get some of the small pink border house blocks done this week.

Yesterday I cut the 2.5 inch squares for the pink alternate block for the sampler, but I haven’t had the chance to put them together.

Earlier this month I was able to complete a pink paper pieced cat, my two Rainbow Sampler blocks for February, one 100 piece postage stamp block, and I cut out a bunch of large hexies for a future project. The only thing I didn’t complete was putting together any small pink hexie flowers. Maybe later…

So, here is what I’ve done in pink this month…


Not bad for a short month. Now, on to March. Head over to SoScrappy to see all the great pink projects from February.



12 comments:

  1. You accomplished a lot with your pinks. Great job. Now it's on to yellow. I look forward to seeing your projects in March.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely trees; your rainbow forest is going to be fun! You have made a lot this month, so now on to yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is alot done! I love the idea of a rainbow forest with maybe a house or two thrown in

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't it all look wonderful on the design wall? So cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your pinks. Cats do like to lie in the sun, so sideways looks good to me. Such pretty blocks this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice variety of RSC blocks. This is SUCH a fun challenge! Hope that you are having fun, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking blocks, I just love to see them all on the wall at once.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your house blocks. They are going to make for a very fun quilt. The tree blocks are cool too, looking forward to seeing that project come together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your pink trees! They remind me of the Peanut's Christmas show. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all your blocks. I was planning to make a rainbow forest this year but forgot. Maybe next year. I'll enjoy watching your forest grow this year.

    ReplyDelete