Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Marley vs. Me…

Last weekend I collected all the pinks in my stash. These are the fabrics I am going to use for February’s RSC…



From my backings and scrapping pile, I found some pinks and cut out my large hexies for a future project…



Then this happened…

I had intended to do a bit in the sewing room this week, but got waylaid on Wednesday and Thursday; first by the cleaning bug and then by a stomach bug. Not fun…either one, really. So, I didn’t do all I had planned for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this week.

On Thursday afternoon, when I thought I was feeling a bit better, I tried to piece the Marley block through a splitting headache. Ugh. Not good. I missed points, cut off points; anything you can imagine doing wrong, I did wrong. This was the result…



Looking at the photo it doesn't look too bad, but in real life it has cruddy seams, cut off points…and that was after ripping out some seams and re-stitching. Hmmm. Triangles and I don’t get along at the best of times, so this was pretty rough. So, I decided to try Marley Take 2 and I just cut out all the pieces to the block, including the Sawtooth Star, and leave it until Friday when I hoped to feel better.



So Friday afternoon I did feel better, so I started in stitching on Marley again. As I said, triangles and I don’t get along, but after ripping and re-stitching more than once, I got it done. At least done enough for me…



And it looks very pretty up next to its blue brothers on my design wall…



So that was all I got done on the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this week. I may or may not be able to do some sewing this weekend and work on RSC projects. We have been working on fixing up the bathroom and I think this weekend will really be some construction that my husband is doing and all I’ll be good for is moral support. So, we’ll see.

I will be linking up at So Scrappy for the first February Rainbow Scrap Challenge link-up party. Stop by and see the lovely projects everyone is working on.


11 comments:

  1. I hope you continue to feel better. Your block turned out lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! on your Marley block. Lesson learned, huh? It really doesn't pay to sew anything remotely complicated while you're sick. Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Marley block looks great! Hope you are feeling lots better and do get a chance to stitch some this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marley-take-2 is fabulous and does look great with her brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great to me! Hope you are feeling better with no relapses. Some terrible bugs out there right now. I do wonder what the big hexagons will turn into....

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks good. I did a bit of frog stitching on this one, too. :-((

    ReplyDelete
  7. the way I see it, the cleaning bug comes around so infrequently I stop everything and pay attention to it!! LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are feeling better.... so the cleaning... that;s what makes you sick lol - Love all your pinks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you pushed through; the second pink Marley Star looks great! Hope you continue to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Get well and stay well. Marley 2 is a keeper. Love the pinks you'll be working with this month.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It turned out beautifully. I hope you feel better this week.

    ReplyDelete