Pages

Monday, February 9, 2015

Looking Ahead to a New Week

I’m looking forward to a new week. Since I wasn’t feeling well for a big portion of last week, I’m hoping for a very healthy one this week. Plus, Valentine’s Day is Saturday! Not that we do much for it, but it’s still something to look forward to.

First, let’s take a look at my design wall…



Those pretty blocks are from the Rainbow Scrap Challenge Sampler Blocks for which Angela at So Scrappy provides instructions. The blue blocks were from January, and the pink is from February. She just posted the second block for February, so another pink one will be up there soon (I hope!). This week I hope to complete a pink house block and a pink paper pieced cat for the RSC.

I’m also hoping to piece the blocks for my flannel quilt this week. I have 12 put together and 36 more to go. This probably won’t take me long to piece, so maybe I can get it done in a couple of days.

I also need to at least start on my goal for February for a Lovely Year of Finishes. I’m making the star blocks in the upper left corner of this quilt…



I’m figuring that will take most of one of my sewing days this week.

In the rest of the time, I hope to get some bee buttons sewn on my Beehive wall hanging, and do some quilting. This past week I became the Co-Chair for the Ronald McDonald House quilts that our quilt guild makes, so I have 7 at home right now that need to be quilted. I have batting for 4, so I’m hoping to get one or two quilted this week. I’m pretty excited to get something new put on the long arm.


That’s about it from here. I will be linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday. I hope everyone has a great week!

5 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better this week..... You have a lot planned for the coming week....... Enjoy your stitching.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your RSC blocks sparkle! I pulled out some pinks and that's as far as I've gotten for this month's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy sewing this week! You have some fun projects going at your house. I'm glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great eye candy. Yes, the RSC blocks definitely sparkle. Sure hope you are feeling 100% this week. Nothing like being under the weather to slow quilt progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your RSC sampler blocks turned out beautifully. Good luck with your sewing plans for this week. Hope you feel much better this week.

    ReplyDelete