Pages

Monday, February 2, 2015

February Goals

This is what is on my Design Wall…



These are 12 blocks of the flannel quilt I’m making for our trailer. I have 31 blocks done so far, but these 12 have been sewn together and are on the wall. I have 17 more blocks to make, so that is one of my goals for February. In fact, that is really my goal for this week…finish those 17 blocks, then get them all put together in a top. Who knows? Maybe I’ll even get it sandwiched and quilted this week. This needs to be done by May when we are going to start our camping season.

My goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes for February is to complete the star block and star triangle block in the upper left corner of the Times and Seasons quilt…



This is going to get weird here because to make the quilt, there is a lot of overlapping from other blocks with applique, so there will be more added to this later on when I complete adjacent blocks. But for now, my official goal is to complete the star blocks. Hopefully I’ll be able to work on that next week.

I also plan to participate in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for February. The color of the month is pink, so I have a stack of pinks from my fabric shelves to work with this month. I will continue to work on the same projects as last month…the trees for the Rainbow Forest; paper pieced cats; Angela’s Sampler blocks; complete one pink house block and small border houses; a postage stamp block; and work on large and small hexies. Lots to do with it, but each one doesn’t take too long, so I think I can touch on them all this month. For this week I plan on putting together a large house block, a paper pieced cat, and the first February Rainbow Sampler block.

I will also continue to work on some stitching projects in February. I will try to spend Fridays working on stitcheries, including the HocusPocusVille blocks; the February block for the Vintage Kitchen BOM at Jenny of Elefantz; and a couple of old projects I’ve had around the house that I would like to complete this year…one is needlepoint and one is a crewel embroidery.

There are just a couple of other items I would like to spend some time on this month. I would like to get some work done on a hand quilting project that has been ready to go since the fall (oh my!). It’s this top I made from 9 patch blocks that my grandmother made…



Gotta get that done! I also would like to spend a little time putting together some potholders for the house and the trailer. I think some Easter/spring potholders would be great for the house and I have some camping themed fabric that would work for the trailer. I have loads of thinsulate, so I think I’m all set.

I guess that’s about it for February. It’s a short month, but lots to do. We’re also working on a bathroom re-do so I know some of my sewing time will be spent painting and laying tile. But it will be nice when it’s done!


I will be linking up at Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday, and at Sew BitterSweet Designs and Fiber of All Sorts for the February ALYOF Goal Setting Party. Head over and see the great projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment