Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2015

February Already

I didn’t pick up any fabric this week…yay! I did use a bit though, so I was able to get back into the black on my Stash Report.

I (almost) completed this wall hanging…



It is all quilted, bound, has a label on it, and hanging sleeves. However, I’m waiting on some clay bee buttons to add to it to completely finish it. The background quilting is a small meander that I’m pretending is a little bee flight path. I’ll attach the buttons around the quilt top in the flight path and then I’ll hang it on the wall of my sewing room. I wrote more about it earlier this week in this post. That used up approximately 2.25 yards of my stash.

I also used up another yard making blocks for my flannel quilt. So, I’m counting 3.25 yards out this week.

Stash Report Week 5 of 2015:

Used in 2015:            4.5 yards

Added in 2015:          2 yards

Total net used 2015: 2.5 yards

Red means I added more than I used
Black means I used more than I added
Goal: Use more than I add

For Slow Sunday Stitching, I bound the beehive wall hanging, and I did a little bit of work on Block 2 of HocusPocusVille…



I hope to work some more on this today when the family is out of the house in the afternoon (they’re usually out of the house skating on Sunday afternoons, so it’s a good time for me to stitch in front of the TV!)

Looking back at January, I had a pretty busy month in the sewing room…

I participated in the 2015 Rainbow Scrap Challenge for January. The color of the month was blue, and I was able to complete the Rainbow Sampler blocks, a hexie flower, a paper pieced cat, some trees for my Rainbow Forest, a postage stamp block, and I completed one of my blue house blocks from RSC 2014. I wrote more about these projects yesterday.

I also made quite a few blocks for my flannel quilt…

There are 12 blocks shown here on the design wall, but I have completed 31 so far. I have 17 more to go. This is for a cozy quilt for our trailer, and we now have reservations to go camping in early May, so I have a deadline! I’m pretty sure I can get it done in time.

Early in the month I was able to complete the January BOM for Jenny of Elefantz’s Vintage Kitchen project. I embroidered this cute little kitchen motif, which I wrote about in this post



I also met my January goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes. I completed the corner pinecone blocks of the Piecemakers Times and Seasons calendar from 1998.



Along with the swap block wall hanging and the HocusPocusVille block mentioned above, I had a busy (and productive) January!


I will be linking up over at Kathy’s Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching; the Stash Report at Patchwork Times; and Lily’s Quilts for the Small Blog Meet. Head on over to see the wonderful projects everyone is working on. 

11 comments:

  1. You have been busy. Love your Kitchen embroidery! Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good progress on the embroidery! Bee buttons are the perfect embellishment for your signature quilt. I used bug buttons on pjs for my nieces one year...there were bugs on the flannel fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed with your stash in and out tally. Well done on using more than you added this month. I might have to steal this idea as I am trying to use up stash as well this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your little bee quilt! The buttons will be a fun touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bee quilt is so cute! Congrats for being back in the black.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No having something coming in is something to celebrate. Congratulations on getting back in the black! You have some nice projects going in the works, I really like the bee quilt.
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little bee wallhanging is so cute. Good progress on Hocuspocusville, there is so much work in that quilt. I am making good progress with the quilting on mine and know I will feel like I've accomplished something when it's finally done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the embroidery projects. That kitchen one is really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good on you for making a cozy quilt for your trailer. We should all have a comfy camping quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are off to a terrific start for 2015!
    Enjoy your slow stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What lovely projects! Love the bee quilt....it's really sweet and great idea about the meandering quilting.

    ReplyDelete