I didn’t pick up any fabric this week…yay! I did use a bit though, so I was able to get back into the black on my Stash Report.
I (almost) completed this wall hanging…
It is all quilted, bound, has a label on it, and hanging sleeves. However, I’m waiting on some clay bee buttons to add to it to completely finish it. The background quilting is a small meander that I’m pretending is a little bee flight path. I’ll attach the buttons around the quilt top in the flight path and then I’ll hang it on the wall of my sewing room. I wrote more about it earlier this week in this post. That used up approximately 2.25 yards of my stash.
I also used up another yard making blocks for my flannel quilt. So, I’m counting 3.25 yards out this week.
Stash Report Week 5 of 2015:
Used in 2015: 4.5 yards
Added in 2015: 2 yards
Total net used 2015: 2.5 yards
Red means I added more than I used
Black means I used more than I added
Goal: Use more than I add
For Slow Sunday Stitching, I bound the beehive wall hanging, and I did a little bit of work on Block 2 of HocusPocusVille…
I hope to work some more on this today when the family is out of the house in the afternoon (they’re usually out of the house skating on Sunday afternoons, so it’s a good time for me to stitch in front of the TV!)
Looking back at January, I had a pretty busy month in the sewing room…
I participated in the 2015 Rainbow Scrap Challenge for January. The color of the month was blue, and I was able to complete the Rainbow Sampler blocks, a hexie flower, a paper pieced cat, some trees for my Rainbow Forest, a postage stamp block, and I completed one of my blue house blocks from RSC 2014. I wrote more about these projects yesterday.
I also made quite a few blocks for my flannel quilt…
There are 12 blocks shown here on the design wall, but I have completed 31 so far. I have 17 more to go. This is for a cozy quilt for our trailer, and we now have reservations to go camping in early May, so I have a deadline! I’m pretty sure I can get it done in time.
Early in the month I was able to complete the January BOM for Jenny of Elefantz’s Vintage Kitchen project. I embroidered this cute little kitchen motif, which I wrote about in this post…
I also met my January goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes. I completed the corner pinecone blocks of the Piecemakers Times and Seasons calendar from 1998.
Along with the swap block wall hanging and the HocusPocusVille block mentioned above, I had a busy (and productive) January!