Pages

Monday, February 16, 2015

A New Week Ahead…

I’m ready for the new week, though it will be a cold one here in the Southeast. We’re expecting about 3 inches of snow today/tonight, then about 1/3 inch of ice on top of that. The temperatures are not supposed to get above freezing until the weekend, so we may just be snow bound this week. I just made some refrigerator pickles; I may bake a blackberry pie this afternoon from berries in the freezer from this past summer (assuming the power stays on – we’re all electric and I’m not going to bake it on the wood stove J); and we’re planning on lasagna for dinner. Sounds like a busy day to me! It’s just started sleeting so I may just go downstairs and sneak in some sewing time.

I looked at my Design Wall today and this is what it looks like…



Same as last week. Ugh. I hope by next Monday I’ll have a fourth Sampler Block up there.

There are a few things I would like to get accomplished this week in the sewing room. I want to put the borders on my flannel quilt, so it will be ready to quilt and bind and be ready for camping.

I also want to finish Block 2 of HocusPocusVille, and then embroider the February block for the Vintage Kitchen BOM. I’ll try to get that traced out today so it’s ready for a “sit and stitch”. I also hope to get Block 3 of HocusPocusVille traced out and started. I think I will have plenty of stitching time this week.

The other things I want to work on this week are my projects for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. The color for February is pink, so I would like to build my pink house blocks this week. I would also like to get my 100 pink 1-1/2 inch squares pieced into a block. And finally, I would like to make the Sampler Block #2 for February. I have all the fabrics sitting out for these projects, so it’s just a matter of grabbing and sewing when I get to the sewing room.

I guess that’s all I’m going to plan. I know I’ll probably have to head out for some errands near the end of the week (when the ice melts off the roads!), but aside from that I think I can get some quality time in with my sewing machine J


I will be linking up at Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday. Head over to see all the lovely projects. 

2 comments:

  1. Nice colours in your sampler blocks - love the card trick centre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with all your stitching plans. We got about 3 inches of snow last night and this morning. Thankfully, not much ice under it. The roads were pretty much clear when we left work.

    ReplyDelete