Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2015

The Week in Review…

This has been such a chilly week, it was a good time to hang out in the sewing room with the space heater at my feet J

I think I accomplished a bit in the sewing room, though I haven’t completed anything so far in January to count out stash. I also didn’t shop at all, so nothing came in either. So, my stash numbers have not changed at all, which means I’m still at zero!

Stash Report Week 2 of 2015:

Used year to date:    0 yards
Used this week:         0 yards
Added year to date:  0 yards
Added this week:       0 yards
Total net used 2015: 0 yards
Goal: Use more than I bring in

I did work on some blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge at So Scrappy. I’m working on some tree blocks and I’m also making the Rainbow Sampler blocks that are posted on Angela’s blog. I wrote about the RSC for this week in yesterday’s post.

I completed my goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes for January also.



I completed these four pinecone blocks and will be writing more about them towards the end of the month.

My stitching project this week is Block 1 from Hocuspocusville. I was able to work on it a little bit, and this is how far I’ve gotten…



I hope to spend a bit more time on it today and in the upcoming week.

The only other things I did this week was start a leader-ender quilt project and I casted on and knit a couple of rows on a new scarf. It’s a basketweave pattern, so it will take me a bit of time. I’m not the greatest knitter, so I really have to pay close attention if it’s anything more than a garter or stockinette stitch.

I think that’s about all I did in the sewing room this week. I was able to get to the library this week and pick up a stack of books. Those will keep me busy scouring through them. I think today I will look through some of the books and try to work on the Hocuspocusville block.


I will be linking up with the Stash Report at Patchwork Times and with Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy’s Quilts. Head on over to see the wonderful projects everyone is working on.

13 comments:

  1. So patient to do all that handwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not had a 2015 finish yet either! I kind of feel like I am lagging even though I have been sewing a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've been really busy with all things stitching. The Pine Cone blocks turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're finished your January goal already?!?! Wowzer!
    Enjoy hocuspocusville!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of fun projects are in store for your cold weather sewing I see. I think the pine cone blocks turned out very pretty. Can't wait to see your new knitting project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how pretty those pinecone blocks are and anyone that can knit has my healthy respect :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have accomplished a lot this week. The pinecone blocks are very pretty.
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pinecone blocks are so cute. And the hocuspocusville stitchery looks line a fun project.

    I also love to knit but I am not very quick at it either.

    Enjoy your Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No fabric in is always a great accomplishment. Sounds like you have had a well rounded week of projects worked on. The pinecone blocks are lovely.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. What stitch are you using on Hocuspocusville? I thought it might be a stem stitch but that doesn't look like what is in progress. Whatever you are using is very neat and crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pinecones! Looks like a fun embroidery project too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of fun projects in the works.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You certainly can't ever get bored having so many different types of projects to work on. Enjoy your week of creativity!

    ReplyDelete