Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Sewing Interrupted

I had lots of plans for the sewing room this week, but they got put on the back burner so I could start on my signature swap block wall hanging from my online quilting group. It’s the only project I’ve been working on since Monday afternoon. I really hope to finish this up and hang it on my wall this coming week. I’ll write a full post about it when it’s completed, but here is where it is at the moment. I've blurred out the names to protect the innocent ;)


By the way, the group is called The Beehive, hence the hive and bees. 

I also completed a couple of small things for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (I wrote about them yesterday in this post). Not much for the week, but I’ve done a bit on the RSC so far this month, so I’m happy with my progress.

As for the stash report…I’m going to change up how I record it (for now!). I’m just going to have running totals of used and added yardage for the entire year. I’ll state how much I’ve used/added in the body of the post, but in my line items I’ll just post the yearly totals. It will work better with my brain that way. J So far, I’ve only been counting finishes (either a quilt top or a project totally completed with binding, etc.). I think I will change that up for myself though, and start to record used fabric based on what I have actually completed. I use LOTS of my stash each week making blocks, etc., but I don’t have a lot of “finishes” throughout the year. I think for my purposes to see that I’m actually using my fabric, I will count whatever I piece together during the week as fabric out (since it’s leaving my stash/shelves).

So, starting this week I’ve figured out that so far in 2015 I’ve used up approximately 1.25 yards of fabric for the various blocks I’ve pieced so far this month. I hope to also have a complete finish by next week (swap wall hanging), so I should have some numbers out next week. For this week, I picked up 2 yards of Kona Snow fabric for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. From the instructions for the Rainbow Sampler for RSC, I will need to pick up several more yards of Kona Snow this year to complete the quilt top along with the other RSC projects I’m making. For now, the 2 yards will get me through the next month or two, I’m sure.

Stash Report Week 4 of 2015:

Used in 2015:            1.25 yards

Added in 2015:          2 yards

Total net used 2015: .75 yards

Red means I added more than I used
Black means I used more than I added
Goal: Use more than I add

For Slow Sunday Stitching, I did a little bit of work on Block 2 of HocusPocusVille…



I may just start devoting Friday afternoons to stitching on this so I can get it completed in a timely fashion. I hope to work some more on this today when the family is out of the house in the afternoon. I will be linking up over at Kathy’s Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.


That’s about all that’s happened here this week. I will be linking up with the Stash Report at Patchwork Times. Head on over to see the wonderful projects everyone is working on. 

6 comments:

  1. I love the beehive signature quilt. What a cool way to make the small number of small blocks work! The Halloween block is super cute too. www.quiltartbymegan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Bee quilt! Love your new embroidery block... pick your own... LOL!
    ENjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work! Thanks for sharing! ~Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is so many different ways to count our used fabric that there is no right or wrong way to do it. We all just count it the way it works best for us.

    your "beehive" quilt is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute HocusPocusvVille and such lovely stitching on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Bee quilt. I am looking forward to seeing all of your embroidery blocks put together!

    ReplyDelete