Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2015

RSC Blue Card Trick

I was able to put together Angela’s Sampler Block #2 this week, the Card Trick block. I like that Angela is using the Easy Angle Ruler and the Companion Angle Ruler with her Sampler blocks. For some reason, these rulers just make sense to me and I’m able to make triangles with them! The trouble I ran into with the Card Trick block, though, was keeping everything straight. My oh my, but there are a lot of pieces. But, I got everything cut and laid out…



I just had to keep everything laid out on the table as I was sewing so I didn’t get too lost. But, I did get the block finished…



The blues are so pretty! So, I have the first two sampler blocks done.



So far, so good. I look forward to making more and adding more colors throughout the year.

I was also able to get another tree put together this week as well, so now I have a start to a forest…



…assuming two trees can make a forest J


So that’s all I’ve done this week for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for January 2015. You can see more wonderful projects over at SoScrappy where I’ll be joining in the link-up party

13 comments:

  1. Did you find her little diagram helpful? I used it to get the card trick block organized and was really glad it was there. Lovely colours in your block. You have the start of a beautiful starry quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that forest is going to be cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The material is so pretty in your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job!! laying it out sure does help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both th sampler blocks and trees!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sampler blocks are very pretty. You might not have a forrest but the trees are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking GOOD. I hope to make mine this week before I get too far behind.
    Cute trees.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blocks--I love those little trees! hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two trees is the START of a forest. Great work on the card trick. Keeping the pieces straight is tricky, but looks like you managed it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your RSC Sampler blocks are looking great! Love the blue fabrics in your Card Trick block.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a good start on your RSC blocks. Love all the blocks can't wait to see your RSC with the tree blocks.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am enjoying using these rulers, too. Your blocks are great!

    ReplyDelete