Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Rainbow Scrap Challenge January Round Up

I didn’t complete any new blue projects this week for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, but I thought I would look back at what I did accomplish this month with my blues for RSC.

First, I completed both of the Sawtooth Sampler blocks that Angela posted for the 2015 RSC Sampler Quilt.



I also have my blues ready to go for the alternate block once that information is posted.



I will be using Kona Snow for the background on this sampler quilt.

I also decided to make a paper pieced rainbow forest this year with RSC, and I’ve completed two blue trees so far…



I suspect I will put together more blue trees this year, but I’ll wait and see what I end up with and what I want to do with it. I’m thinking a wall hanging for the holidays, so I may not need too many trees. I’m using up my batik scraps and Kona Snow for this project. I think I’ll be using up a bit of Kona Snow this year!

I also put together a blue house from the squares I put together for the 2014 RSC…



I really like the windy feel of the sky fabric on this block. I didn’t put together any of the small blue border houses because I think I put most of them together already in 2014. I’ll have to look through my stack and see if there are any blue ones left to complete.

I also found this cute kitty paper pieced block and decided to throw that into the mix for the RSC this year…



This will make a cute little wall hanging once all the blocks are done.

I only finished one hexie flower…



I was hoping to get 3 or 4 done each month, but I don’t think that is going to happen. I have a couple of other stitching projects going on, and the hexies seem to be taking a back seat to the other projects. I’ll have to have a hexie day a couple of times a month and just work on those.

Finally, with some left overs, I put together a little postage stamp block.



This will finish 5 by 5, so I may end up making it the center of a star block or a large Log Cabin block…or something...I'm leaning towards a scrappy wonky star. I’m not sure yet. But I have lots of 1-1/2 inch square scraps so I will continue to make at least one 5x5 postage stamp block each month with RSC. I’ll probably figure out what to do with them later on in the year.

That’s it for January blues. I’m ready for February! I will be linking up at SoScrappy for the last RSC Blue link-up. Head over to see the lovely projects everyone is working on.


16 comments:

  1. You've done a great job. I look forward to seeing what you do with pinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you put it all together - are you surprised at how much you DID accomplish? That looks like a LOT to me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of nice blue blocks here - I really like the trees and the owl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must have put a dent in your blue scraps, you made lots of use of it in your blocks. I'm looking forward to seeing all your projects progress this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your trees most of all, but you have ,any beautif projects going on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good work and I especially like those trees - would make a great rainbow forest if you did a couple every month with the different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lot of blue this January! Great little projects. Will you carry on all the projects in pink in February?

    ReplyDelete
  8. lots of nice block options for blue, can't wait to see what you do with pink!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree it is good to look back and see what we have done instead of dwelling on what we hoped we would have done. I see a lot of great blue blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow -- I think you got a lot accomplished . . . and all in one of my very favorite colors! I'm such a bluesy girl at heart! Nicely done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great wrap up of blue! Looks like we have two more months of blue - dark indigo and light =).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Found you via Lily's Quilts ... love these blue blocks (^_^).

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your idea of a wonky star with that postage stamp center. Hmmmm... something to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You sure have a lot of good projects going for the RSC15. I enjoyed looking at them.

    ReplyDelete