Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Rainbow Cats

I haven’t done much with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this week, but I did run across a cute little paper pieced cat pattern from Quilt-Pro Systems. Here’s my blue version for January…



This is a 4-1/2 inch square (will be 4 inches finished). I think I’ll make one each month and in December I can put together a cute little kitty wall hanging. I will add some embroidery for the face and maybe hot fix eyes on it.

I also put together one hexie flower…



…many more to go!

I was hoping to get one or two blue house blocks built this month, but I need some very pale blue for the sky fabric so it contrasts enough with the blue houses. Unfortunately, I don’t have any blue that is light enough to suit me, so I’ll need to pick some up, but it probably won’t get done this month. I will be able to use the fabrics I have to make the sky on house blocks of other colors though, so it’s just this month of blues that I’m at an impasse. J


That’s it for RSC for this week. I’m hoping to get more hexie flowers done this month, and maybe another tree to keep building my RSC forest. I will be linking up with Angela at SoScrappy for the January Rainbow Scrap Challenge

14 comments:

  1. I like your cat block, so cute. Great hexie flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stripes look pretty on your hexie. Neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the most minimal cat design I've seen. Good paper piecing pattern.
    How about a pale yellow sky, or pale peach. It'd really show off the blue.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute kitty! It could be nice to have some front facing and some back facing kittens in the quilt. Just for some interest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitty is just charming; my TOP CAT thinks she's swell lol--hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute paper pieced cat is right!

    ReplyDelete
  7. paper piecing and a hexie, win win.
    Leeanna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blue paper pieced cat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Slow and steady wins the race. Sweet kitty and Henie block. Those hexes are addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cute cat block! I thought about doing cats this year too.

    ReplyDelete