Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2015

First Sunday of the New Year

New year and new beginnings. That also means starting at zero for my stash numbers. Yay! Nothing in and nothing out…

Stash Report Week 1 of 2015:

Used year to date:    0 yards
Used this week:         0 yards
Added year to date:  0 yards
Added this week:       0 yards
Total net used 2015: 0 yards
Goal: Use more than I bring in!

But that doesn’t mean I haven’t done anything this week. J I got a few projects done for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for January. You can read about the projects I worked on in this post.

I was also able to start on my pinecone corner blocks for the January A Lovely Year of Finishes.



Those look like mustaches! But they are pinecones and they are barely fused to the background. I’ve cut out the leaves/pine needles and the bias stems, but haven’t put them on yet. Hopefully I’ll get to that in the upcoming week.

I also finished up the first block in the 2015 BOM from Jenny of Elefantz.



It’s a cute and quick little block. These shouldn’t take up too much of my time each month.

I also traced out this block…



It is the first block for this quilt, Hocuspocusville, from Crabapple Hill Studio. I plan on sitting down today to start stitching on this block.

I’ll be linking up with the Stash Report over at Patchwork Times. Head on over to see how everyone is using up their stash.

I will also be linking up for the first time at Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy’s Quilts.


8 comments:

  1. Looks like you have a bunch of great projects to keep you busy this year! Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow-you got Jenny's block done fast --so cute! I have to admit I thought those pine cones were mustaches too--looking forward to seeing the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the Crabapple Hill stitcheries. I have Calendula's Patterdrip to stitch but can't seem to find the get up and go to start tracing it out. It has huge stitching areas. Anyway, I saw HocusPocusville quilted over at Threadtales,http://threadtales.wordpress.com/2014/05/09/can-you-stand-another-pic-of-hocuspocusville/, Check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to see your embroidery projects! Love the little redwork block!
    And the Hocuspocus quilt is one of my all time faves!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do have a lot of stitching planned

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you've been busy this new year. Love the new stitching projects. I'm planning to do more embroidery this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny's block looks great. I need to get mine started. Look forward to seeing your Hocupocusville block.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are not going to get bored with all of your cute projects to do. I like to embroidery, but have lost the urge these last few years. I always like to see what others are doing though.

    ReplyDelete