Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

Design Wall for January 5

I have mustaches on my design wall!



Actually, they are pine cones. These are barely fused to the background because I still have to put the stems underneath them. I am making the corner triangle blocks on this pattern…



I have all of the green pine needles/leaves cut out and ready to fuse. I also have bias stems ready to put on, but I’m reconsidering how I’m going to do that. Figuring out those stems and getting everything fused onto the background triangles is my primary goal for this week. I’m also hoping to get some more tree blocks and postage stamp blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge done before the weekend. Finally, this week I think I will get a head start on the swap block for the February quilt guild meeting. We are making a block with four applique mittens on it, so that will take a little bit of time.

I will be linking up at Patchwork Times. Check out all of the great projects in progress.


3 comments:

  1. Wow! What an undertaking this quilt is. I am really looking forward to seeing your progress on this beauty! And I love your scrap challenge blocks. The trees will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful this is! I like the little pinecones ... how funny that they read like mustaches when they're all by themselves!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such an intricate quilt! It would take me an untold number of years. I look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete