Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

ALYOF 2014 Finale and January 2015 Goals

Happy New Year everyone! Today will be a day of R&R (and a bit of Auburn football and NHL Winter Classic hockey), then back to the sewing room tomorrow!



I’m excited to get the New Year started. But first, I’ll look back at ALYOF for 2014. I participated in A Lovely Year of Finishes for each month of 2014 and met my goal for 9 out of 12 months. Not bad. For January I completed my Easy Street top; in March I completed the blocks for the Spring Bouquet quilt; for April, I quilted and bound my Patriotic Star wall hanging; in May I completed my husband’s Family Tree wall hanging; in July I finished the top for my Split HST Charm Pack quilt; in August, I quilted and bound the Charm Pack quilt; in September I finished quilting and binding the Teddy Bear quilt (finally!); in November I completed the top for my Log Cabin Leaves quilt; and in December I did the binding and finished up my Snowmen wall hanging (above) just in time for the holidays. All in all, it was a pretty busy year in the sewing room. I will be linking up with the 2014 ALYOF Finale over at Sew BitterSweet Designs and Fiber of All Sorts.

Now on to 2015…I have some goals for the year that I’ll talk about in a post tomorrow, but today is all about a new month. I have some ambitious goals (for me) for the month of January…so here they are…

For A Lovely Year of Finishes this year I am working on this block of the month calendar…



Yes, that’s the 1998 Piecemakers Calendar, Times and Seasons. I have had this for years (obviously) and I just love it, but never made it. So, this is the year for making it. I will take it month by month, and the blocks will be my monthly goals for ALYOF. It’s probably the only way I can get it done! For the month of January, my goal is to complete the four corner pinecone blocks. Easy peasy…she says a bit too confidently! This will be my focus project each month, so I hope to get it done in the first week of each month. We’ll see how it works out. I really hope to have a completed quilt top by the end of 2015. We’ll see how much life gets in the way of those plans. J

As far as other projects for January, I will take them as they come or as I please. How’s that for an attitude?! I do have some things I would like to work on this month, though, such as…

The Rainbow Scrap Challenge for 2015 at So Scrappy…the color of the month for January is medium blue (including blue-greens – yay, my favorite!). I have lots of ideas for projects for the RSC this year, so I will see what I can get done during the month.

Another project I would really, really like to work on is my Easy Street quilt.



I need to add a stop border, then the piano key border I have made, then another outer border. Then I can quilt it. I hope to at least get one or two borders put on it this month.

I’m also going to try to finish up this flannel quilt I started in December…



These are very simple blocks, and only take about 10-15 minutes to complete. I’d like to have this ready for camping in the early spring.

Jenny of Elefantz is also starting an embroidery/quilt BOM for 2015. It is a Retro Kitchen theme, and I’d like to get the January block completed.

And my final project I want to work on is a mini quilt for my table top quilt stand. I would like to make one for Valentine’s Day, so I will probably do something simple with applique hearts on it. While I’m at it, I may put together some matching mug rugs. I don’t think this will take too long, so I could probably set aside a couple of days to work on this.

Most of these projects could really be completed in less than a day (other than the Retro Kitchen BOM & flannel quilt), so I think I can get them out of the way early in the month. Then the remainder of the month I can spend on completing the flannel quilt and Jenny’s BOM. We’ll see what the month brings.

I will be linking up with the January Goal Setting Party for ALYOF. Head over to see what everyone is working on. And check back tomorrow to see what I have planned for the rest of 2015!



4 comments:

  1. Good luck on your goals! I think it's a great idea to do your calander one month at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think it is a great idea to get a calendar quilt done! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finished 9/12 as well. Was a good year for quilt tops. Good luck on your 2015 goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on your finishes and good luck in 2015!

    ReplyDelete