Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2015

A Look Back at This Week…

This was a strange and busy week. We had snow this week, but also one of the warmest days of the year so far. I had to do a doctor run, and an errand run to the library and post office. I made a run to the pet store. Then I had to take the cat to the vet for an ear infection early in the week. The same day, I tripped over the cat carrier and fell…fortunately I missed the tables and just landed on my pride. But, I do have a bruised knee and wrenched foot. But nothing to stop me from sewing. J 

I also made a trip to Joann’s, but only picked up rotary cutter blades and sewing machine needles. No fabric came home with me. Will wonders never cease! I didn’t finish anything this week either, so my stash numbers stayed the same this week…

Stash Report Week 3 of 2015:

Used year to date:    0 yards
Used this week:         0 yards
Added year to date:  0 yards
Added this week:       0 yards
Total net used 2015: 0 yards
Goal: Use more than I bring in

I was able to finish six more flannel quilt blocks. That gives me 18 so far. These are so quick to make; I hope I can get some more done this month.

I was also able to finish a paper pieced kitty and one hexie flower for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for January. The color for January is blue, and you can see my progress in this post.

I also received my signature swap blocks from my online quilt group this week. Here is what I have…



I’m trying to figure out what I want to do with them. I have a couple of ideas, and I think I just need to pick one and run with it. I am making a wall hanging with these, so whatever I choose shouldn’t take too long.

Finally, I finished Block 1 of HocusPocusVille…



There are two empty spots in the tree where a couple of black birds belong. I use Frixion pens to trace my embroidery patterns, so when I finished with the embroidery (except the birds) and pressed the fabric, the birds disappeared. That’s okay, because I am thinking about adding ceramic buttons for the birds, bats, and spiders in this quilt. I’ll have to see when I’m done with it all. If I end up not using the buttons, it will be really easy to just re-trace the birds (etc.) and stitch them in.

I already have Block 2 traced out, so I’ll get started on that today for Slow Sunday Stitching.




That’s about all that’s happened here this week. I will be linking up with the Stash Report at Patchwork Times. Head on over to see the wonderful projects everyone is working on. 

3 comments:

  1. Nothing in is a good week. Looks like you've got lots of stitching to do on the next panel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Just put your hocus pokes block in the freezer for a few hrs, and your frixon pen tracings will come back! Honest! Hocus Pokus! When you are done, just press again, all will disappear! Take care, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did better than I by bringing nothing in. Nice work on your first block!

    ReplyDelete