Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2015

A Little Bit of Blue

I spent a little time on Monday working on the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for this week. I did get my blues together for an alternate block, per Angela’s post last week…



I also put together a blue house block. Thank you to Terri at QuiltNCards for suggesting colors other than blue for the sky. I have used non-blue sky fabric for a couple of the blocks already, but I wasn’t even thinking about that when looking at the blue house block. I ended up finding this white with black swirls to use as a sky fabric…



It makes me think of swirling wind, and I like it!

That’s all I did for the RSC for this week. I’ve spent the rest of my sewing time working on a wall hanging with signature swap blocks from an online quilting group. I’m at the quilting stage and I’m very happy with it so far. I certainly hope to be done with it during the next week; then I’ll show it off!

I will be linking up at SoScrappy for the RSC for January. Head over to see all the lovely projects.



7 comments:

  1. Your house is great. I really like the material you used for the sky...reminds me of a very windy day heading into rough weather. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sky fabric was a great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great crumb block house! Excellent idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun house block. That background fabric makes me think of a overcast day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun "sky" fabric. It does look like a swirling wind!

    ReplyDelete