Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Tuesday Already

Monday seemed to fly by. I guess I was busy all day.

I started by making crock pot chili beans at about 7:30 in the morning. I knew it would be a cold-ish day, so I thought we could have it for lunch. Turned out yummy! Then I headed off to Joann’s and the grocery store. I picked up some plastic containers at Joann’s…you’ll see those in a little bit…and I filled up the larder from Kroger (not my favorite chore).

Then I spent time cleaning up the sewing room in anticipation of the “Big Wrap”. Every year my sewing table becomes the official Christmas wrapping station, so I had to clear it off and get myself a bit organized in the sewing room. I’ve been living with a half a dozen or so sewing projects on my sewing table(s), so I grabbed some containers and sorted things out. Now they are off the table and up on the shelf…





These are actually scrapbooking boxes, but they are big enough to hold the 12x12 inch scrapbook paper and they are perfect for holding the sewing projects I am working on (I just wish there weren’t so many!) Plus they stack nicely, I can label them, and I can see what’s in them easily. An additional plus is that they were 40% off!  I already had several empty ones, but I knew I would need a few more. Now, I’m all ready to grab and go with whatever project I want to work on. And that is just a small selection of the Works In Progress/UnFinished Objects/Things I’m Working On you can see in the photos above…you should see the closet and other shelves! But, it is sorted and out of the way for a week or so, but still accessible if I want to work on something. And, I even had some help Monday…




I think she approves (or she’s bored and she fell asleep!)

Once I got that done, it was (a late) lunchtime. After the chili, I realized that if I was going to make (meatless) meatballs for dinner, I needed to get started on them, because they have to chill for a couple of hours in the fridge before cooking. So…I started in on the meatballs. Fortunately, I had cooked the lentils the day before and the quinoa was from a couple of nights earlier, so that cut about a half hour off my time. So I finally got them done (along with some other household chores) by about 3 pm and was able to head down to the sewing room again.

By then the cleaned off sewing table was calling to me, so I decided to get all of my Christmas wrapping done…and I did! I think I’m ready for next week! After wrapping gifts, it was time to get dinner going…and I must say that the quinoa (meatless) meatballs turned out quite yummy.

Today is a bit foggy…



…but I don’t have anywhere to go, so I’ll just stay inside where it’s much more pleasant. I have scads of things to do around the house, including finishing laundry started yesterday (blankets/sheets…they take forever!). I also have some “administrative” paper work-y things and planning things to do today. We’ll see if I make it to the sewing room. If I do I will start on my NewFO project for December (from Cat Patches). I was going to start a signature swap blocks wall hanging from an online quilting group, but unfortunately the woman who is sorting/mailing out the blocks is caught in the horrible flooding out West, so that will probably be put on hold until January. My thoughts are with her and I hope she gets things cleared out quickly. So, instead I will start on a flannel quilt I’ve been wanting to work on…



This is about a foot tall stack of flannels. These are part of a box of flannels I bought at our quilt guild garage sale last summer. I spent $10 on the box and it ended up being less than 50 cents a yard for some great flannels. I’ve used some of the flannels in making some infinity scarves, and I also made a pair of pajama pants. I’m going to make a very simple quilt for our trailer. As you can see from the photo below, these have some cute camping patterns on them…



We’ll see where things take me today. Tomorrow is another visit to the vet for my poor old pooch. She’s suffers terribly from arthritis but the medication she was put on a couple of weeks ago has done a remarkable job of making her feel much better and perkier. We’ll see how much longer this can help. She’ll be 13 in March, and she’s a very big dog, so we know it’s a matter of weeks or months for her. We’re just trying to make sure she’s comfortable and can get around OK. Here she is on the day we adopted her from the humane society…



Such a sweet girl!


The rest of the week will be busy with life, including ice show rehearsals, the holiday ice show, birthday celebration for my baby girl, and then Christmas next week. I hope you have a great week and can get some sewing done!

No comments:

Post a Comment