Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Stash Report Week 51 of 2014

First off, I have to say Happy 23rd Birthday to my baby girl!

Now, for the Stash Report…

I ran over to Joann’s earlier this week, so you know what that means…yup, I picked up a little fabric. But, I also picked up some scrapbooking containers so I could organize my current quilting projects. You can see what I did with them in this post from earlier this week.

Anyway, yes, I picked up some fat quarters for the calendar block of the month quilt I am making in 2015, and I also picked up a yard of Kona Snow for the 2015 Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I want to be ready when Angela posts the color for January and I’ll use the white in the sampler blocks she posts.

All in all, I guess I haven’t done too badly in the in/out department with my stash. I used up 55 yards of fabric this year. I doubt I’ll get anymore out before next week’s Stash Report, but who knows. It’s been pretty interesting keeping such close tabs on my fabric’s comings and goings. J I know it’s made me much more aware of what I’m bringing into the house, and hopefully I’ll exhibit much better control in 2015!

This coming week will probably not involve much sewing time. The hubby and daughter will both be around the house all week, so I’m pretty sure I won’t be working on anything that will be completed. We’ll see. I may still have something to report on next week’s Stash Report because I usually get some fat quarters as Christmas gifts from my family. That’s always fun (and I’ve given my hubby SPECIFIC instructions on colors and patterns if he – or my MIL – give me any). We’ll just have to wait and see on that.

I hope you all are having a wonderful holiday season, and for those who celebrate Christmas, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Used year to date:    55.0 yards
Used this week:         0 yards
Added year to date:  80.50 yards
Added this week:       2.25 yards
Total net used 2014: 27.75 yards
(green means I’ve bought more than I’ve used)

I’ll be linking up with the Stash Report over at Patchwork Times. Head on over to see how everyone is using up their stash.


3 comments:

  1. I have some of those scrapbook organizers, and they work really well for keeping projects corralled.

    Have a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also use the scrapbook boxes - keeps everything organized. Sounds as though you are ready for the rainbow scrap challenge. When I gave my husband a list of things he could possibly get me for Christmas, he always came home empty handed - said he couldn't find the items on the list! All he had to do was to give the list to the lady at the quilt shop and he would have had some things to wrap for me. Now I buy and wrap my own gifts!

    ReplyDelete