Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Stash Report Week 50 of 2014

This week I was able to use a little fabric and I picked up some fabric at the local quilt shop.

But first, I made this little bag…



It turned out pretty cute, and I can use it to wrap a Christmas gift. That used up about a quarter of a yard of fabric, maybe a little more. I think I will try to get a couple of larger bags made this week.

I also finished stitching down the binding of this baby quilt…



So that’s a few more yards out of the stash.

I had to run over to the local quilt shop to get some parts ordered for my longarm and to pick up a presser foot for it. While I was there I figured I might as well pick up some fabric for a project I’m starting in January. After all, I might as well add it to this year’s numbers rather than get in the hole early in 2015! J

As for the upcoming week, I probably won’t do much in the line of sewing/quilting. I will probably just work on the Grand Illusion mystery quilt and probably the gift bags. Otherwise, I’ll just do bits and pieces of things around the sewing room, and I’ll continue to climb Mt. Scrappy…



Hope you have a wonderful week!

Used year to date:    51.25 yards
Used this week:         3.75 yards
Added year to date:  77.50 yards
Added this week:       3.0 yards
Total net used 2014: 25.50 yards
(green means I’ve bought more than I’ve used)

I’ll be linking up with the Stash Report over at Patchwork Times. Head on over to see how everyone is using up their stash.


3 comments:

  1. I really like the quilting you did on your sweet baby quilt. Making bags is a great way to reduce your stash. I have been thinking about making some grocery totes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute bag. You are not too far in the hole for this year. But it does make sense to get anything you need for next year now and then you can start with a clean slate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you are making good progress on Mt. Scrappy. I like the cute baby quilt and bag.

    ReplyDelete