Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Stash Report Week 49 of 2014

I didn’t have any fabric come in this week, but I actually used up some fabric! Woo hoo! I completed this wall hanging



…and I loaded up some fabric onto the longarm for practice.

This coming week, I hope to finish stitching down the binding on a small quilt, then I can count more fabric out next week…Yay! I also plan on going through my house block squares for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge to see where I stand with those. Then I’m going to play it by ear and see when I have time to get to the sewing room and what I feel like working on when I get there!

Also, I want to make a dent in Mt. Scrappy…



This pile of fabric is my “backing and scrapping” fabric, and it’s a little over three feet wide and about two feet tall. I really would rather have that countertop available than have it storing my fabric! Much of this fabric is from the 1980s and 1990s…and some a bit newer as well. I cleared this fabric out of my “every day” stash of fabric last summer so I didn’t have to sort through all of this as well as the fabric that I wanted to use whenever I needed to find something. So, I’ve been using this fabric to piece backs on some quilts, I’ve used it for longarm quilting practice, and I cut it into scraps whenever the need arises. I think I will cut some 2-1/2” strips off these pieces, save a piece of each (or most) fabrics for my hexies projects, and cut some 1-1/2” and 2-1/2” squares and 2-1/2” HSTs. Whatever is left I will stick in a tote to store it OFF my counter. Maybe by the end of the month I can make a nice dent in the pile. Depending on my mood, I may take what is in the tote to our quilt guild garage sale next summer.

Used year to date:    46.25 yards
Used this week:         5 yards
Added year to date:  77.50 yards
Added this week:       0.0 yards
Total net used 2014: 26.25 yards
(green means I’ve bought more than I’ve used)


I’ll be linking up with the Stash Report over at Patchwork Times. Head on over to see how everyone is using up their stash.

2 comments:

  1. Your snowmen stars are adorable. It is always tough to decide what to do with scraps of fabric. Sounds like your plan is very doable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the snowmen in your wall hanging. Congrats on the finish! Sounds like you have a workable plan for your scraps.

    ReplyDelete