Pages

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Rainbow Scrap Challenge Blues

Hey, it’s 12-13-14! I guess that won’t happen again for a while ;) 

I finally got all ten of my hexie flowers finished this week…



I will continue to work on these during the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for 2015. I’m pretty sure I’ll need A LOT of these, so I hope to get at least a few more in each color done next year. The working title of this quilt is “Garden Pathways” and I have a grey cobblestone fabric to surround the flowers, rather than a green as in a Grandmother’s Flower Garden. I also have some hexies that my grandmother sewed into diamond shapes that I want to incorporate onto the backing. They are done with a green surround, but I think they will work just fine. I will probably applique them to the backing. They have been sitting in the bottom of a drawer in my sewing room for more years than I care to count, so I think this would be a good project to put them to use. I hope to make good progress on this in 2015. I have several dozen flowers done…only a bazillion more to go!

I also pulled out my completed house blocks from this year’s RSC, along with the squares I will build into house blocks…



I think I have way too many large squares…actually the house blocks just turned out huge…so I don’t think I have to put too many more into the large house blocks. I think I will probably need to cut down the large squares so I can make more of the smaller border house blocks. This is another project to work on along with RSC 2015. I would really like to get this into a quilt top by next December.

I will be linking up at the RSC December party at SoScrappy with Angela. Head on over to see the lovely projects.



7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are all set for projects for next year. What a fun collection the houses are making so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your houses look great...it is going to be a fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your houses are such fun and it's coming together nicely. Good luck with the rest of the little town!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fun projects you have going on there...and both so totally different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for pointing out that neat date! Love the garden progress..... I'm being different and surrounding mine with black next year. I will probably need to make more flowers along the way as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your house blocks turned out beautifully. Figuring out the setting is always the hardest part of any challenge for me. Looks like you have a great start on that.

      Delete
  6. Great work on the house blocks. That beach house is particularly fun. So good to know you have a project all lines up for 2015.

    ReplyDelete