Pages

Monday, December 22, 2014

Grand Illusion Part 4


Saturday evening I was able to sit down and sew on Part 4 of Grand Illusion. I only got eight of each unit done, but I’m hoping once Christmas is past I’ll be able to spend more time on it. I am doing a pretty good job so far of making at least of few from each mystery clue. I hope I’ll have enough of each to put together a few blocks when the time comes. We’ll see what happens.

I was able to spend a bit of time Saturday in the sewing room and I looked at the pillowcase tutorial that Bonnie Hunter posted on her Facebook page. It’s from Notes From the Patch and you can see the tutorial right here. Then I noticed some ice skate patterned flannel I had sitting on my shelf and…ta da!



I made a pillowcase (shh…it’s a gift). And that is not a furry grey snake on the pillowcase. Here’s the interloper…



She thinks it turned out just fine. And so do I. This was such a fast project, I plan on making many more once the holidays are over. I had to read through the instructions a few times…I was actually not paying close attention the first couple of times J …but I finally figured out how to lay out the fabrics and what to sew to what. I did not do the finished/French seams as shown in the tutorial. As I said, I was using flannel, and I didn’t want super bulky seams, so I just stitched it normally with right sides together. It turned out fine. I think if I can pull my serger out I would like to try that on it, particularly when making flannel pillowcases. Then I won’t have to worry much about bulky finished seams.

Also, I was able to put some blocks together from some flannels I have…so here is my design wall…



You can read more about this project in this post.

Other than a little bit of crochet, I didn’t get anything else done this weekend. And I probably won’t do much in the sewing room this week either. But, I’ll be waiting patiently for Part 5 of Grand Illusion!

I will be linking up at the Mystery Monday Link-Up at Quiltville and Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times…and I wish you all a very happy holiday and Merry Christmas! See you later in the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment