Pages

Monday, December 1, 2014

December Goals

It’s December already! Yikes! Where did the year go? It’s also Mystery Quilt time! Let's see what's happening in December...

I was able to get a few things done for November, but since it’s the full-blown holiday season now, I’m going to take it a bit easy on myself in December as far as my goals go. I have tons of projects I can pick up and work on if I get bored J, but I think what I have planned will keep me plenty busy.

For my December goal for my A Lovely Year of Finishes, I want to finish up my snowman wall hanging. I started this back in the spring and really thought I’d get it finished for Christmas this year. Maybe I still can J. I just need to trim it up and put binding, a hanging sleeve, and a label on it. I will set that as my goal for this first week in December to make sure I actually get it done. Who knows what the rest of the month will bring. Here is where it stands now…



I will be linking up with the goal setting party for December for ALYOF at SewBitter Sweet Designs and Fiber of All Sorts. Head over to see the wonderful projects everyone is working on.

Today will be my first time linking up at Quiltville for Bonnie Hunter’s mystery quilt link up. This year’s mystery is Grand Illusion. I was going to wait to start it, but the first clue starts with 2-1/2 inch strips, so I was able to use the 2-1/2 inch strip dye for my AccuQuilt. It made it much easier on my hand than rotary cutting it all. So, I have a boatload of strips cut…hopefully I’ll use them up during this mystery. If not, they are ready for another project. So far I’ve cut all of the black and yellow squares, and I have 102 sets of half-square triangles cut. I hope to spend a little time putting them together this week, and I’d like to work a bit each week on all the clues. I will be linking up here.



For the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, I still need to complete three more light blue hexie flowers. I have seven so far, and three more cut out. There is no color for the month of December; it is just going to be a time to finish up with the projects we’ve been working on all year. If I have time I’ll work on some of the house blocks that I started, but I’m not going to sweat it.

This month will be the last for the NewFO Challenge at Cat Patches. I already know what I’ll be doing for that. I belong to an on-line quilting group and we are doing a signature block swap. The blocks should be mailed back out to us this first week in December, so when I get those I would like to start putting them into a wall hanging. I’m pretty excited to get the blocks and get started on it.

Other than that, I’m going to pick and choose projects as the mood hits. I will probably load up some fabric on the longarm to have something to practice on. I have a piece of fabric that has a Dresden plate/fan pattern on it, so that would be a good one to use. I also have a cross stitch project I would like to finish before Christmas. We’ll see how that goes.

I hope y’all have a wonderful and pieceful holiday season!


4 comments:

  1. Very pretty mystery blocks! You are one busy quilter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart to choose a December goal that's attainable. Looks like you've got a lot going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fabrics for the mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the perfect goal for December. When you take down decorations you will have one more to add to the box! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete