Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Stash Report Week 46 of 2014

Well, I brought home another 3 yards of fabric. The fabric I got last week for my hexies really didn’t float my boat when I got it home, so I’ve picked up some different fabric for that project. I’m happy now J. And the fabric I got last week is a good neutral so it will work with other projects, so it’s all good. I haven’t worked on much this week, so I haven’t finished any projects, so no fabric has gone out this week.

Now for next week…I’ve spent a good part of this past week planning and organizing around the house. I think I’ve made progress with that. I’ve found some forgotten UFOs in my sewing room that I really need to work on, as well as some old patterns that I have always wanted to do. So, I’ve been trying to figure out how to schedule those into my life and I will work on that schedule this coming week. I also hope to load a baby quilt onto the longarm and work on that. I’ve only been practicing on old pieces of fabric, so this will be my first “real” quilt on it. I have all my Christmas gifts made that I’m going to make, so I guess I could go ship them out this week. Otherwise, I’ll probably mostly work on quilting the baby quilt and stitching more hexies.

Used year to date:    46.25 yards
Used this week:         0 yards
Added year to date:  74.50 yards
Added this week:       3.0 yards
Total net used 2014: 31.25 yards
(green means I’ve bought more than I’ve used)


I’ll be linking up with the Stash Report over at Patchwork Times. Head on over to see how everyone is using up their stash.

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes it is hard to find the perfect fabric. I really don't think any quilter has enough time to make all the quilts on their bucket list. Maybe that is why we have so many UFOs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was lucky this week with a purchase too. I've been looking for the right yellow for the constant in Bonnie Hunter's newest mystery...success!!! Those older patterns will probably make up quick since you are probably on to more challenging patterns today. So you've been "hexed" too. Enjoy your projects. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your quilting - it is hard to do that first quilt, so be easy on yourself and remember that all the little mistakes that you see while you're quilting get lost when you pull it off the frame :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun with your first longarm quilt. As Jennifer said, don't expect to be perfect and be sure to breathe. When you relax you do much better than you think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neutral fabric is always a good investment. Good luck on your quilt, and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you've been able to get some quilting done.

    ReplyDelete