I had fabric come in and go out this week. I picked up 3 yards of a Kona solid for a (long term) hexie project. I have a couple of dozen flowers made and I want to start putting the solid color around them now. I also had a total of 5.5 yards go out. Some was for a cover for my dehydrator (exciting, huh?), but the rest was for practice quilting on my new longarm…yay! I’m so excited! Here it is…
At the moment we only have it set up on the five foot frame. I have some smaller quilts that need to be finished, so I’ll get those out of the way before we set up the other half of the frame and I can get to the larger quilt tops waiting to be done. This week I was able to clear out some space in the sunroom, so now there is space for the new machine, my hand quilting frame, some exercise equipment, plus a couple of six foot tables for other projects. Good thing it’s a big room!
I was able to meet my (modest) goals for last week of finishing up Log Cabin Leaves top and cutting up some scraps for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. This coming week I should have much more time home alone, so I’m hoping to get LOTS done (aside from practicing on the Juki). I would like to get my squares pieced and fabrics scrapped for the RSC and I need to finish up some Christmas gifts. I don’t have much further to go on them, so I hope to finish them quickly.
Used year to date: 40.75 yards
Used this week: 5.5 yards
Added year to date: 71.50 yards
Added this week: 3.0 yards
Total net used 2014: 28.25 yards
(green means I’ve bought more than I’ve used)
I’ll be linking up with the Stash Report over at Patchwork Times. Head on over to see how everyone is using up their stash.