Pages

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Rainbow Scrap Challenge – Light Blues

I got a little bit done on my light blues this week. I was able to cut up some pieces from my fabrics, so they are ready to sew into scrappy squares for house blocks…



I was also able to cut enough hexagons for 10 hexie flowers…



…and I put one of the flowers together…



That’s as far as I’ve gotten this week, but the month is only beginning J  I’ve been a bit busy with “life” things this week, including our wedding anniversary on Tuesday. My hubby took the day off and we voted, went out to lunch, and bought this…



Woo hoo! I’m so excited! One of the local quilt shops is moving its location and it was in the same shopping center as where we had lunch. We stopped in and they had this floor model that they offered a great deal on so they didn’t have to move it to the new store space. We have been looking at buying this model since early in 2014, and we were just looking for the right time and price. We were able to get a good deal on it and we were also able to shop local instead of buying on line. We really do like to keep our money in the local economy if possible, but with such a big purchase we apparently needed to be VERY patient before it came along ;) Needless to say, I’ll be spending some quality time with the new Juki this month, but this coming week I will work on scrapping up my fabrics and getting the scrapped pieces sewn into squares. Maybe I’ll spend some time hand stitching and get some more hexie flowers done as well.


I will be linking up with the party over at So Scrappy for the 2014 Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Head over for some nice eye candy!

8 comments:

  1. Cute hexagons. And lucky you with the Juki deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on getting a new quilting machine. What a difference it makes in being able to finish quilts instead of just making the tops. Such a great lot of learning to look forward to. Great progress on the scraps too -- it is still early and you are already well on the way to taming your light blues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Good things come to those who wait!! I guess it really is true. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great purchase. Did you buy just the machine, or the frame as well? You have some pretty blue fabrics which will come together well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary on a great day!(My birthday). Sounds like you had a perfect day and what a deal you got. Patience on big purchases really pays off. Enjoy learning all about your new machine. Beautiful hexes =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new machine! I'm glad you were patient enough to have a great opportunity come your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! It's beautiful. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blues are sure turning out to be pretty.

    ReplyDelete