Pages

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Rainbow Scrap Challenge for November

Welcome November! It’s starting off very cold and blustery here. I hope it’s warmer where you are!

The color for November for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is light blue. I’ve gone through my stash and my scraps, and I cannot find any small scraps that are light blue. However, I have a few larger pieces in my stash, so here they are:



The five floral prints on the left have been in a stack of fabrics I pulled off my shelves earlier this year. These fabrics have been gifted to me or have been on my shelves for YEARS and are now in my backing and scrapping piles. Maybe while they’re off the shelf I’ll get out the AccuQuilt and get these fabrics cut into strips, squares, and triangles. In the meantime, I’ll take some pieces from each of the fabrics and work on squares to make house blocks. I’m hoping to spend some of December getting the house blocks built. Hopefully the holidays won’t get too hectic.

I’ll be linking up at So Scrappy for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful to finally have a use for the fabric that's been around for a while. How do you like your Accuquilt? I've seen them around but never tried one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping for a less than hectic holiday season sounds like a nice idea. Glad you are moving out the oldies. Getting them off the shelves must feel good. Looking forward to seeing the houses. The end of the year is going to be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely collection of pale blues. Now's your opportunity to cut them up and use some of them. I have never used an Accuquilt: it must save a lot of time, but is there a lot of waste when you cut shapes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good plan for those light blues! Sharing my thoughts on the die cutter - I have a Sizzix Big Shot Pro which is equivalent to the Accuquilt Go (can use the same dies with a simple adapter plate). There is prep work for the fabric to be die cut (flat, pressed, relatively close to size). And there is waste - but far less if you trim to size ahead of time. I like it for the curved shapes and triangles - I don't use it for cutting strips or squares (unless they are die cut HSTs).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moving out some old fabrics always feels good. Enjoy playing with those blues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finding a use for fabrics that have been on the shelve for a long time feels good. Looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete