Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

A Lovely Year of Finishes – November Goals

I didn’t finish my October goal for ALYOF, so I’m moving that to my November goal. I did make some progress on it, so I’m hoping I can get it finished up early in the month. All I need to do is to sew the rows together and put a border on. Then I’ll call it done for right now. I may or may not add another border…later. Here is where the top stands now…



I will be linking up at Fiber of All Sorts and Sew BitterSweet Designs for the ALYOF goal setting party.

I also plan on participating in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge at So Scrappy. The color for the month of November is light blue, so I’ve pulled out some fabric from my shelves and I’ll get them ready to make squares for my house blocks. Here are the fabrics I have…



I also will be starting a new project for the NewFO Challenge at Cat Patches. This month I plan on starting this project:



This is “A Sampling of Santas” by Piece o’ Cake. This is a small-ish (35x43) fusible applique pattern. I’m hoping to get it started and finished this month, so I can put it up for Christmas. If not, there’s always next year.

I also have a few small Christmas gifts I need to finish. I’m hoping to get those completed in the first couple of weeks of November. I think I can, I think I can…

Finally, I have some odds and ends that I will work on. I really would like to get Easy Street done. Like, done done, including quilting and binding. I have to add one border to it, then I can quilt and bind it. We’ll see if I can complete that before Bonnie Hunter starts her next mystery after Thanksgiving. I also need to finish up some potholders and a wall hanging for Christmas. I only need to bind those, so I think I can complete those. And lastly, I have some flannel that I really want to put into a quilt. I have found several patterns that I really like and will work well with the large prints on the fabric, so I guess I really need to select one pattern and get on with it.

That’s about it for November, I think. The weather is colder now, and the garden is all but gone, so I should be able to spend some quality time in the sewing room. I hope you have some fun plans for November!



No comments:

Post a Comment