Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2014

RSC – Last of the Browns

I finally finished up my Log Cabin Leaves blocks this week, so I was able to use up plenty of brown and dark batik scraps.



I’m liking how this is turning out. I have to figure out a border though. I will definitely put some type of stop border around the blocks. I’ll have to see if I have enough of one dark batik to go all the way around. If not I may have to venture to the quilt store…oh darn! J

Since I took this photo I have sewn the top two rows of blocks together. I'm planning on getting the remaining blocks sewn into a top this week.

I’ll be linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Head on over to see all the wonderful projects.


13 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! You've done a great job of capturing the color range of fall leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a beautiful layout. Maple leaf is one of my favourite blocks and it's a brilliant idea to combine it with a half log cabin like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful! It will require a border equally comploimentary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY nice . . . like the mix of logs and leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This just screams fall, doesn't it? Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt! I never feel guilty about getting fabric for borders. A trip to the quilt shop is the perfect reward for finishing a quilt. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are quite beautiful. Good color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blocks. Batiks are always so wonderful to work with and they are so versatile in quilts. You should never hesitate to get enough for borders. And of course you have to buy enough so you don't have to piece them which always leaves just enough for binding and a bit for other fun scrappy adventures. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely leaf quilt and the perfect time of year to be working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Very nice coordinating of scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great setting for these maple leaves, so different from any I have seen before, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like how it turned out too! Fabulous use of scraps!

    ReplyDelete