Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2014

RSC – Brown for October

I used up a little bit of brown from my stash this week. I made three draft dodgers for some of our exterior doors. Here are two…



In this photo one is filled and the other isn’t…since then I bought more cat litter and now all three are filled and ready for the cold weather. It’s hard to tell from the photo, but this is a brown fabric with teensy-weensy multi-colored dots. This is some fabric I picked up at a thrift store, then decided it was probably a bit too heavy to really use in a quilt, so it is going for a very good utilitarian purpose J.

I was also able to put together several more leaves for my Log Cabin Leaves quilt. This used up a few dark/brown batik scraps…




I will be linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge at SoScrappy.

10 comments:

  1. Good for you to use brown! The leaves are very interesting with logs on them. It's so much fun to see what people are making
    LEeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your leaves are so peaceful looking! I love them combined with logs, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the leaves! And I know how useful those draft dodgers can be! Winter is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea on those draft dodgers. Log Cabin Leaves is coming along nicely I see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember draft dodgers from our years of living up north. What a great way to use up some fabric that isn't quite right for quilts. Great leaf collection too. Enjoy the rest of the brown month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting use of cat litter. I like that idea and I will give it a try this winter. Thanks. Love the leaves. The log cabin treatment gives the block a little attic window resemblance. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of using cat litter - just beans or peas! I remember making lots of those when I lived up north.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful batiks! Brown works for the draft dodgers since it'll help hide some of the dirt from being on the floor, especially for exterior doors...sigh just reminds me it's getting colder, and I need to get started on my draft blocker curtains. At least it'll look better than the blankets we hung up last year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The draft dodgers were a great idea to use up some stash. Your leaf blocks all look great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful rich brown blocks in this and your last few posts. I didn't know I could use kitty litter to fill those long draft dodgers. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete