Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Rainbow Scrap Challenge – October

The colors for the month of October are the darker, more somber colors of brown, black, and gray. On Wednesday, I made up small and large squares of brown and black scraps to build house blocks…



Then on Thursday and Friday I sorted through the half-square triangles I cut with my Accu Quilt a couple of months ago, when I was trying to clear out my fabric scraps. I pulled out all the black, brown and gray triangles, then I stitched them up with light triangles to make half-square-triangle squares for the Split 9-Patch quilt I’m working on. So, that’s 92 more half-square-triangle squares done for the Split 9-Patch.



I also was able to finish up 3 more blocks for the Log Cabin Leaves quilt top, which uses brown batik scraps…



Pretty productive for 3 days. I know I have some more projects that can use up some of these darker colors, so I’ll see what else I can find to work on this month. I do have a larger scrap of brown fabric that I picked up at a thrift shop earlier this year sitting on my sewing table to make some door draft dodgers. Since it's 45 degrees as I sit here now, and it will be in the 30s tomorrow morning, I think this would be a good project for me to work on today!

I’ll be linking up at SoScrappy for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge

8 comments:

  1. You really have been productive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found lots to do with your darker scraps. The Log Cabin leaves are looking great, love the colors you are using in that project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been very productive in the first three days of the month. Hope it means you will get lots done the rest of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy. I'm going to enjoy watching your colorful scrappy house blocks come together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great start to the month! Looking at your scrap blocks has given me an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty productive is right! Your house quilt is going to be soooo cute. And that Log Cabin Leaves is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got a lot done in just three days. Love the leaves...

    ReplyDelete