Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Rainbow Scrap Challenge – Orange Leaves

I started working on this Log Cabin Leaves pattern last week as part of the NewFO Challenge at Cat Patches



I pulled out all my batik scraps and started with the orange ones first. Here are four orange blocks. The one in the upper left corner is the only completely pieced block.



I don’t think I have many more batik oranges left, but I have plenty of “fall-ish” colors to make this quilt. I’m getting pretty excited about working on it.

That’s all the orange I worked on this week. I’ll be linking up at SoScrappy for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.





9 comments:

  1. What a great start to a fall colors quilt. Leaves are the perfect choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monday is officially the first day of autumn and it looks like your plans are falling into place. Good start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect fall project to work on with your oranges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfecto place to put orange. I like working with a color I see in nature that month, don't you? LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pattern for the leaves. It will be beautiful in batiks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I like that pattern for the maple leaf block. I'm not sure I'm ready for fall yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pattern. This is going to be a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is going to be really pretty!

    ReplyDelete