Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

Mid-Month Check-In & Design Wall Monday

Well, the first half of this month has been a bit of a bust. We’ve had whatever respiratory illness that is going around town hit us here, beginning over Labor Day weekend. So, I’ve been tending to sickies and I’ve been hit with it myself over the past couple of weeks. However, we are on the mend and probably in another day or so we will all be as good as new. Fortunately I feel fine now, so I’ve been able to do a bit more than I did the first week and a half of September. So, let’s see what’s been going on…

Whether we’re sick or not, the garden still keeps on going…and going…and going. You can read about the garden in this post.

On to the quilty stuff…

I had a few goals set for myself for the month of September. I wanted to finish quilting and binding this baby quilt…



You can read more about it here. The good news is I finished quilting this on Friday. The binding has been sewn on by machine, now I just have to flip the binding to the back and hand stitch it. I’ll be really glad when this is done.

I also wanted to start a project for the NewFO Challenge at Cat Patches. I found this pattern in a 2002 McCall’s Quilting magazine that I got from my mother-in-law a while back…



I have wanted to make a leaf block quilt for a while, and while looking through my magazines while I was sick I found this one. I figured this was a good one. So, this past week I got one block cut and started to put it together…



This is what is on my design wall, so I’ll link up over at Patchwork Times.

I also got a few orange projects done for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I got my squares made for my orange house blocks, then I put together a couple of hexagon flowers while I was hanging out on the couch sick. I also made a couple of pumpkin coasters. They turned out pretty cute. You can see them all here and here.

The only other things I’ve worked on this month are holiday gifts, so I’ll save those for later so I don’t spoil the surprise J. But here's a hint...



I was also able to attend the AQS Quilt Show in Chattanooga, Tennessee, on Saturday; you can read more about that here.

I had so much more I wanted to accomplish this month, but maybe I’ll be able to get some of it done the last couple of weeks of the month.


1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to make a maple leaf quilt. This looks like a fantastic pattern. Can't wait to see all you do with it. Seems like you got a good bit done in spite of illness. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete