Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

ALYOF and September Goals

My goal for ALYOF for September is to quilt and bind this baby quilt…



This is Teddy Bear Parade, a kit from Keepsake Quilting. I finished this top a few years ago and never got around to quilting it. I started to quilt it earlier this summer, than had tension problems with my sewing machine and had to have that taken care of, then never got back to the quilt. So, I WILL finish quilting and binding it in September. I will be linking up with the goal setting party here.

I think September may be a bit busy with finishing out the garden, doing outdoor projects (still and again!), and hopefully camping, so I hope to get some things accomplished in the sewing room in the meantime.

I want to join in the fun at Cat Patches with the NewFO Challenge, so I’ll need to find a fun project to start for that. I may look at one of the many books I have sitting on my sewing room shelves and select a project from one of those. I’ll let you know when I pick one!

I also want to join in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge at SoScrappy. The color for September is orange, so I’ll be making up some orange squares to build into house blocks. I love the color orange!

Hmmm…a couple of other things I hope to get around to…

I want to continue clearing out my scraps. That means cutting them up into usable pieces and showing no mercy with the bits and pieces that remain. I have a couple of more bins of scraps, so hopefully it will be enough to make more Split 9-Patch blocks for this project.

I also need to work on the Folk Art Cats blocks. I stopped in the middle of one a couple of months ago, and need to get back to it. Here are the blocks I have completed so far…



Maybe by the end of September I’ll have one more up there J

I also have a snowman wall hanging and some more snowman blocks I would like to do something with. Maybe I can get the wall hanging quilted and one of the blocks made into a mini quilt for my table top quilt stand. The other blocks I may just make into potholders and use as gifts for the holidays.

Oh, there are a few more things I’d like to work on, but I don’t know if I’ll get to them. I’ve been trying to organize my genealogy research better, as well as organizing the house before the holidays. Between that and working in the garden and on outdoor projects, I may not have as much time as I’d like in the sewing room.

Good things coming up in September…hopefully some camping, and the AQS Show in Chattanooga next week…and it will officially be fall…Woo hoo!!

I hope you all have a wonderful September!


No comments:

Post a Comment