Pages

Friday, September 26, 2014

A Lovely Year of Finishes – September Finish

My goal for September (#23 at the Goal Setting Party) was to finish quilting and binding my Teddy Bear Parade quilt. And I finished it!



I started this quilt for a baby (who is now 3 years old – my bad!), but life got in the way and I didn’t get it finished. I finally got the top finished and started quilting it in the early summer, then my sewing machine went on the fritz and I had to have it repaired. By the time I got my machine back, my interest in the quilt had fizzled…again. But, I pulled it out for September and finished it.

I used my walking foot to quilt wavy lines in the striped sections and in the border, then I made this quilting pattern for the teddy bear sections…



I think you can see most of the quilting in these photos…





I also like the red polka dot backing and the green polka dot binding.

This was a kit from Keepsake Quilting called Teddy Bear Parade. I think it turned out really cute and I’m glad it’s done!

I’ll be linking up at Fiber of All Sorts and Sew BitterSweet Designs for the ALYOF September Finishes Party. Stop by and check out all the wonderful projects.


1 comment:

  1. very cute, I love the bright colors. Great job on creating the teddy bear pattern for your quilting.

    ReplyDelete