These are bright green scraps left over from earlier this year from the RSC in May. I have them all pressed and ready to cut into 2-½ and 1-½ inch squares…and probably some strips. The fabrics in the pile at the top of the photo are already strips.
I’ve already made my green squares this month for my house blocks for the RSC, so last week most of the time I spent in the sewing room was going through my boxes and bins and bags of scraps and cutting them up with my AccuQuilt, making 2 ½ inch squares and 2 ½ inch half-square triangles. I then started putting those into split nine patch blocks, though I only have two blocks done so far (I do have enough rows made to make 8 more blocks). I have spent NO time in the sewing room this week, other than to press these bright green scraps and set them out on the cutting mat. I think this next week (the last week of August!) I will get these scraps cut up, and maybe work on cutting up my remaining left over dark green scraps. Who knows, I may even be able to put these into some blocks by next Saturday’s link up! I might try really hard to get the strips sewn into strippy blocks.