Even with other things going on, I was actually able to complete all my sewing goals for this week…and a little bit more.
For the Rainbow Scrap Challenge the color for August is light and bright green. I used all my bright greens earlier this year when the color was green, so I searched through my “To Scrap or Use as Backing” piles and found some light, but muted, greens. So here are some strips I cut from those.
Then I put them together into squares to eventually build into house blocks.
I don’t know how much more I’ll be getting done on these this month. Maybe I’ll be able to get one or two squares put into blocks. We’ll have to see. I’ll be linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2014 over at SoScrappy.
I also put together a Halloween wall hanging kit that I found on clearance at Keepsake Quilting earlier this year.
This was really just practice in Free Motion Quilting, since it was a panel and no piecing. But it was fun and I can always use practice FMQ.
I also finished up my fall mini quilt for the table top quilt stand.
I guess I’m pretty much ready for the fall with those two projects done!
Also this week, I was able to work on the dragon quilt and I made two swap blocks for our quilt guild for September. These are tea cup blocks, and the one on the right looks smaller in the photo because I had just spray starched and pressed the one on the left before I took the photo; and the one on the right was done the day before. But, they are both the exact same size blocks…I measured them 3 times after seeing the photo!
So that’s about it from here. Tomatoes are coming ripe, so I may be busy canning for the next few weeks. Some quilt shows are coming up, so I’m looking forward to those as well. Now I’ll have to get back to the sewing room to see what I can get done next week J
I hope you accomplished all you wanted this week!