Pages

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Rainbow Scrap Challenge – Good-bye Greens!

This week I was able to work with what's left of my bright greens. I cut these scraps into strips



I put together some batting and backing and stitched the strips onto it in a quilt-as-you-go manner…



Here is the back once it was all done…



Then, I cleaned it up and got out my trusty Fons and Porter hexagon ruler…



…and cut out some quilted hexies…



Then I bound them and now have green coasters…



I was able to get four 5-1/2 inch wide coasters and two 4-1/2 inch wide coasters out of my scraps.

Now I’m just left with a few pieces of bright greens on my shelves…



This was a fun month with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. It was nice to clear out so many of my scraps!

I’ll be linking up over at SoScrappy for the August Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2014. Head on over to see the other lovely green projects for August.


11 comments:

  1. I love the quilted coasters. I did some last year with little log cabin blocks. I need to make some coffee themed ones for my morning coffee. Your scraps look so much better as coasters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun coaster project. Looks like the perfect way to use up lots of green scraps. Pretty AND practical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your coasters. Such a good use of scraps. Ive never done any quilt as you go, but Im very tempted now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I love them. Would make lovely gifts if one could part with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent idea and so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an inspired idea for your coasters,super.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to use up your scraps.

    ReplyDelete