Pages

Friday, August 1, 2014

August ALYOF and Other Goals

My goal for August for A Lovely Year of Finishes is to continue with my July goal and complete the Charm Pack quilt. I have the top done and the backing ready to go. I will need to pick up some batting for this quilt, then get to quilting! I will just be doing straight stitching with the walking foot, so hopefully it won’t take too much time. So, my official goal is to quilt and bind the quilt. Here’s the top…



I’m linking up with the August goal setting party here.

Next I want to participate in the NewFO Challenge for August at Cat Patches. I completed a Family Tree wall hanging kit for my husband’s side of the family, so I think my NewFO will be to begin one for my side of the family. His family looks so lonely hanging up in the hallway all by itself. My family can keep his company!

I also want to participate in the August Rainbow Scrap Challenge. The color for August is light green, so I’ll get some blocks made from my scraps. I used my lights and brights a few months ago when the color was green, so I will dig in my "To Scrap or Use as Backing" pile and come up with some light greens to use. I may or may not get to putting them into house blocks. We’ll see what the month brings.

There are also a few more items I want to work on in August…

Of course, I want to keep working on the dragon quilt.



I also need to do some hand quilting on my Grandmother’s 9 patch quilt. We’ll see how long my hand will hold up doing the hand stitching with that and the dragon quilt J.

Also, I want to work on a Halloween quilt I started way back when…probably last fall. I made a bunch of black and white strip blocks and I want to alternate them with Halloween fabric blocks for a new Halloween quilt at our house. We’ll see when I get to the store to pick up some more Halloween fabric.

OK, those are the main things. Of course I want to start on Christmas gifts; it seems I start later and later every year. And I also have a lot of little items to work on…blocks for my quilt guild swap, little quilting kits laying around the sewing room, old UFOs that REALLY need to be worked on! I would also like to spend more time practicing Free Motion Quilting. We also may be taking a trip and the garden is still producing, so I’ll need to slip some sewing time somewhere in there!


I hope you have a great August!

2 comments:

  1. You sure have a lot of goals this month. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your goals. I love the little charm pack quilt.

    ReplyDelete