Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

ALYOF – August Finish

I was able to complete my goal for August…yay! My goal (#1 on the August goal link-up) was to quilt and bind my Charm Pack quilt. Here it is…



I just did straight line quilting with the walking foot and I brought the backing around to the front for the binding. I don’t do that very often, but I was a little short of fabric, I had plenty extra backing hanging over, and I didn’t feel like cutting and piecing a bunch of 2-1/2 inch strips! Besides, I really like the backing and I think it looks kind of cute as the binding. Here are photos of the backing and the binding…




This is one of four baby quilt tops I have done. I may try to get the remaining ones quilted and bound by the end of the year. A friend of the family (and someone my daughter works with) is due to have a baby after the first of the year, and if I get them done my daughter can take her pick of which one she wants to gift the new baby.

I’ll be linking up over at A Lovely Year of Finishes for August 2014. Head on over and check out all the lovely projects.



2 comments:

  1. A colorful and good looking baby quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look like Malka Dubrowski charms - so cheerful and pretty with the white. Yay for a great finish!

    ReplyDelete